City of Milford Police Department

Emergency: 302.422.8081 or 911

Frequently Asked Questions


Where is the Milford Police Department located?

We're located at 401 Northeast Front Street (State Route 14), Milford, Delaware 19963

How do I make a police report?

To make a report a person can call 302-422-8081, 911, or respond to our headquarters to speak with staff 24 hours a day.

Is the Milford Police Department accepting applications for police officer and civilian positions?

The Milford Police Department is always accepting applications for the position of Certified or Non-Certified Police Officer and Civilian Personnel. Applications are kept on file for one year or until your eligibility expires. All testing dates will be advertised and applications must be submitted by the closing date to be eligible for that testing cycle. If you are interested in submitting an application for a Police Officer or Civilian position, Links for these applications can be found in the Careers Section of this website.

What types of issues does Delaware Animal Services handle?

Delaware Animal Services can be reached at 302-255-4646. DAS handles animal cruelty prevention and enforcement, dog control, dangerous dog management, dog licensing, and rabies control.

How do I request a police report?

Contact the Milford Police Department Records Office during business hours (Mon-Fri, 7:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.) at 302-422-8081. If you leave a voicemail requesting a report after hours, please allow three business days for a response. You may also request a report by filling out our on-line request form located in the Records Section of our website. Reports fees are as follows: Crime Report - The Milford Police Department will release a "Victim's Copy" of a crime report to any victim listed on the report. You must appear in person with a photo ID to obtain your copy. There is no fee for a victim copy. Copies of crime reports are not released to anyone other than the stated victim unless directed via a court-issued subpoena. Accident Report - Drivers or owners of vehicles involved in an accident may purchase a copy of the accident report. Attorneys and Insurance Companies involving their insured may purchase a copy of an accident report via a written request and applicable payment. All accident reports requested by mail must include a self-addressed stamped envelope. The fee to obtain an accident report is $25.00 and can be paid by cash, check, or money order. We do not accept credit cards.

Can I get my fingerprints processed at the Milford Police Department?

Patrons required to be fingerprinted for employment needs or for their children can contact the Delaware State Bureau of Identification (SBI) office at (302) 739-2528 or to obtain information on this service.

Do you speak to community groups about law enforcement related topics?

Yes we do! We speak to various groups about a variety of issues that could include intruder training for your organization or general topics that may interest youth groups. You can inquire about these talks by submitting a contact form through our website under the Contact Us section.